How Should You Respond To Haters and Hateful People At Work?
Sticks and stones may break one's bones but words cannot hurt them.
Let's be honest. Sticks, stones and words can all hurt. But you have the ability to ignore and make the words of others powerless. Don't engage, internalize or take the bait.
If you are in a situation where people have or are physically violating you, you need to immediately report it to your manager, HR, the company ethics hotline, external employment agency or local authorities.
If you are dealing with individuals or a group of individuals at work who are making your life a living hell, by taunting your or verbally abusing you then report it. Try and go through the proper channels as outlined by your employment handbook.
If you have gone through the steps that your company outlines and have gotten insufficient results and are unable to quit your job or if you are looking for practical strategies for the next time a bully or a group of bullies come at you left then continue reading for some strategies and scriptures on how to respond to haters and hateful people at work.
When responding to haters at work note the following
1. Don't be surprised (John 16:33, 1 Pet 4:12)
2. Breathe (Psa 34:2-12, Psa 31:1-8)
3. Keep calm (Pro 15:1, Pro 3:5, Jam 1:19, 2 Tim 1:7, Pro 29:11)
4. Mentally and Emotionally detach (1 Pet 5:7, Phi 4:4-9, Psa 37:8)
5. Physically disengage (Jam 1:19-20, Eph 4:26, Lev 19:18, Pro 17:14, Exo 14:14)
6. Completely ignore them (Rom 12:21, 1 Pet 1:5, Ecl 7:9)
7. Forgive (Eph 4:32, 2 Cor 2:10-11, Mat 5:38-42, Col 3:13, Zec 7:9-10)
8. Speak victory (Eph 4:27,29, 2 Cor 12:10, 2 Tim 1:7, Jer 29:11, Mat 5:11)
9. Stay in peace (John 14:27, Isa 26:3, Mat 5:9, Rom 12:19-20, Pro 16:7)
10. Be you unapologetically (Gen 1:27, Rom 12:1-2, Mat 5:48, Rom 3:23, Jer 1:4-5, Jer 29:11, Psa 139:14)
11. Pray through it all (Mat 5:44, Luk 6:27-28, Psa 18:3)