Career Resolutions 2018
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
If you are like most of us its that time of year for reflection. Its that time to look back over the past year or few years and determine how the next will differ. Not only do we spend time thinking about ourselves and our family we also thinking about our careers. No matter which stage of life we're in we should have a plan for the future as it relates to our careers. FGCC has come up with a list of 20 career resolutions for 2018 to help get you started.
Feel free to reflect on the following possible career resolutions to help get you started on determining your 2018 career resolutions.
20 Career Resolutions for 2018
- Find a mentor or serve as a mentor someone else
- Plan to read a professional book a quarter
- Take a company sponsored training course
- Get a new certification
- Pursue a new degree
- Attend a professional conference
- Earn any needed CPEs or CERs
- Join toastmasters
- Join a professional networking organization or two
- Develop a career development plan
- Take a leadership course
- Seek a lateral or promotional opportunity by transferring to a different department
- Develop a retirement plan especially if you are nearing retirement age
- Set up an IRA in addition to company sponsored plans
- Increase your 401k contribution
- Get a new income stream through a side hustle
- Ask for a raise in addition to standard COLA
- Exercise at lunch and take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Commit to having a better work life balance
- Share Jesus with your coworkers through your actions, reactions and deeds
Over the next 20 days we will dig deeper into each of the FGCC 20 Career Resolutions for 2018.
If you have any additional resolutions to share with the FGCC family feel free to list them in the comments below.
We pray that 2018 will be your best year yet. God bless you all.