Page 2 of 8
Practical Displays of Gentleness -
Ways to Actively Become A More Gentle Person While Working in Corporate America
- Put the other person(s) communication style first
- Know your coworker's personality type - Myers Brigg or some other personality test to help you know how to communicate
- Match the person's position. Don't hover over others or crouch below. If he or she is standing, stand. If seated, sit.
- Have a gentle demeanor even when the other person doesn't
- Speak softly unless being loud is warranted